Listed in topic: Commenting
Here are some tips for posting your comments.
How To Post
- Go to the website where you want to post a comment.
- Make sure you’re logged in to IntenseDebate.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the empty comment box.
- Type your comment in the comment box and hit the Submit Comment button.
You can also post a response to another person’s comment:
- Locate the comment you want to post a reply to.
- Select the “Post Reply” button located at the bottom right of the comment.
- Type your comment in the comment box and hit “Submit Comment” and you’re all set.
As a Guest↑ Table of Contents ↑
With An IntenseDebate Account↑ Table of Contents ↑
You can create an IntenseDebate account which lets you upload a profile picture, build your reputation score, and keep track of your comments (among other features). Signup for an account here. Some websites may require that you have an IntenseDebate account in order to post comments (this is up to the website administrators).
With Your WordPress.com Account↑ Table of Contents ↑
We have integrated WordPress.com user accounts and auto-login, so if you’re logged in to your WordPress.com user account, then you’ll automatically be logged in to IntenseDebate.
Facebook Connect & Twitter Sign-in↑ Table of Contents ↑
These authentication methods are optional and set by the website administrator. They may not be available on all sites using IntenseDebate. But if they are enabled, you can use your Facebook or Twitter account to post a comment as well.
Replying to Comments↑ Table of Contents ↑
If you opt to receive email notifications for replies to your comments, then you can reply two ways.
- Reply-By-Email: You can respond to the comment directly via email. All you have to do is enter your response (or moderation command) and hit send. Make sure you leave the subject line and original message in tact. If you have a signature in your emails, please note that they will not be removed – we think that it’s part of the message. Either remove your signature or enter !END at the end of your response to ensure that it is removed.
- Directly from the comment section: Just select the “Go to comment” link in the email notification and you will be taken directly to the comment. You can reply directly from the comment section.
Last modified: June 26, 2010 by Michael