Listed in topic: Publishers
Troubleshooting Blogger »Issues with Blogger’s New Country-Code URL’s
This support page will help you correct an issue where you have two URL’s for the same post, with each post showing a different set of comments. The difference between the URL’s for the posts in question will be in the Top Level Domain (the “.com” part of your URL), where one domain (for example) will be [blogname].blogspot.com, and the second will be [blogname].blogpost.com.au.
This issue affects Widget installations of IntenseDebate.
If that sounds familiar, please read on for instructions on how to correct this issue.
Background↑ Table of Contents ↑
Starting in February, 2012, Blogger gradually rolled out redirects to country-code URL’s (or ccTLD’s) for all Blogger sites. Per Blogger’s support page:
If you’re in Australia and viewing [blogname].blogspot.com, you might be redirected [blogname].blogspot.com.au. A ccTLD, when it appears, corresponds with the country of the reader’s current location.
This update will caused a major issue with our Blogger Widget installation. The good news is that Blogger sites using our Template installation are all set and will not be affected by this change.
The not-so-good news is that if you are using our Blogger Widget installation, you will need to switch over to our Template installation to ensure that everything runs smoothly. It really is essential that you do this. If it weren’t, we wouldn’t bother you. Don’t worry, we’re here to help and we hope to make this as painless as possible.
How To Reinstall with the Template Installation↑ Table of Contents ↑
- You will first need to uninstall the Widget from your site. The following instructions are for the updated Blogger interface. If you are using the old Blogger interface, please switch over to the new interface temporarily. You can do that by selecting the “Try the updated Blogger interface” link at the top of your Blogger dashboard.
- Go to your Blogger account and find the blog that you have the IntenseDebate Widget installed on in your blogs list. Click the down arrow, then click Layout.
- Locate IntenseDebate in the sidebar and click the Edit link.
- Select Remove from the edit screen, then select the orange Save arrangement button at the top of the page.
- Next your will need to reinstall IntenseDebate using the Template installation method. To do that go to your Blog Tools tab in your IntenseDebate account. Select Reinstall and follow the installation instructions. You should be all set.
- If you want to switch back to the old Blogger interface, click on the little gear symbol on the right side of the page below your profile picture. Then select the option to switch to the “Old Blogger interface” and you’ll be all set.
If you still are having trouble, please contact us here. Make sure you include the URL of your blog when you contact us.
For more information about Blogger’s ccTLD redirect change please check out their support documentation here.
Can't find your answer here? Let us know.
Last modified: March 1, 2012 by Michael