Listed in topic: Publishers
Troubleshooting Blogger »Previous Blogger Comments Don’t Show
Read on if you installed IntenseDebate on your Blogger blog and your previous Blogger comments no longer show up…
When you install IntenseDebate you are replacing the Blogger comment section with IntenseDebate comments. This means that the Blogger comment section will no longer show up. When you install IntenseDebate you have the option to either add IntenseDebate to all posts or only new posts. Adding IntenseDebate to all posts means that your previous Blogger comments will no longer show up, but IntenseDebate will show up on all of your blog posts. Selecting the option to install on new posts only will maintain your previous Blogger comments, while adding IntenseDebate to all new posts.
Changing Display Options After Installing↑ Table of Contents ↑
Please reinstall and select the option to only display IntenseDebate comments on new posts. You can do this in your IntenseDebate with the following steps:
1. Login at http://intensedebate.com/logmein.
2. Go to http://intensedebate.com/update/blogger and select your blog.
3. Select Uninstall (located on the left) and follow the instructions
4. After uninstalling, select the reinstall option and choose the Template installation
5. Follow the template instructions and you should be all set!
Uninstall Manually↑ Table of Contents ↑
- You will first need to uninstall the Widget from your site. The following instructions are for the updated Blogger interface. If you are using the old Blogger interface, please switch over to the new interface temporarily. You can do that by selecting the “Try the updated Blogger interface” link at the top of your Blogger dashboard.
- Go to your Blogger account and find the blog that you have the IntenseDebate Widget installed on in your blogs list. Click the down arrow, then click Layout.
- Locate IntenseDebate in the sidebar and click the Edit link.
- Select Remove from the edit screen, then select the orange Save arrangement button at the top of the page.
- Next your will need to reinstall IntenseDebate using the Template installation method. To do that go to your Blog Tools tab in your IntenseDebate account. Select Reinstall and follow the installation instructions. You should be all set!
- If you want to switch back to the old Blogger interface, click on the little gear symbol on the right side of the page below your profile picture. Then select the option to switch to the “Old Blogger interface” and you’ll be all set.
Can't find your answer here? Let us know.
Last modified: February 22, 2012 by Michael